Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter

It's a little while since I updated this blog. I've been trying to get things cleared up so I can have a few days off around Easter and spend some time with my family as well as a few medical checkups. And of course, I've been writing the new book for New Page which is now over three quarter way complete so it should be ready and off to the publishers before the end of May. Then we'll have to think about the next one and I'll begin some arm twisting.

I've also been doing a couple of book recommendations and endorsements - one for Kala Ambrose whose book Ghosthunting North Carolina should be out soon. It's great and took me back to the time when I travelled up to Asheville in North Carolina for Bascom Lunsford's Country Music Jamboree to see the great Byard Ray who travelled down from the Smokies to play the fiddle with his cousin Obray Ramsey on banjo. Afterwards we travelled over to Whiteside Mountain and the Devil's Courthouse which is a rather spooky place. I was tempted to venture inside it and the Judaculla Rock there in Creepiest Places but I didn't - I'm saving that for Volume II! But I was really happy to endorse Kala's book - we've talked a lot on her radio show and I've always been fond of North Carolina. Heck I've always been fond of a lot of places in the States!

The other book I was really pleased to endorse is Lamont Wood's Out of Place in Time and Space which I think everybody should read. It's also published by New Page and should be out in the Fall. It's a really thorough investigation into the nature of time and to the anomalies that it throws up. I really like the way Lamont writes - some of you may know that he's a native of Texas and this maybe shows in his style. But keep an eye out for it.

I'm going to take a bit of a break and then get stuck into the work again. The comics side of my work - we've posted some of it under my sister blog, Bog Standard Comix had created a lot of interest - from Mayo, Ireland to Canada and I'm busy answering e-mails on this. But trying to get a few days off to eat a few Easter eggs.

All that remains is for me to wish you all a Happy Easter and we'll talk again after the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment