Friday, March 4, 2011

Something New

For someone who is a technological dinosaur like me, this is something of an adventure. Whilst my son and daughter text and blog at will - "Look Dad, I can download one of your books onto this " - they have left me far behind. So many thanks to Laurie at Career who helped me with this and tried patiently to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century. So here goes.

A number of you have asked me if there's a new book on the horizon and if so what's it about. I've actually been trying to take a little bit of a breather. Last year I wrote about five books and succumbed to being drawn back into the world of scripting comics . So I decided to take a little time to myself. But the nice folks at Career then asked me to do something for them for an anthology they were doing and how could I say no? They asked me to do anything that I wanted as long as it fell within the broad spectrum of ghosts. Poltergeists have always fascinated me and I've always puzzled as to whether they are some sort of spirit or are they something else. So over the summer a new anthology will be coming out from Career in which I get to have a look at a number of cases of poltergeist activity. Be prepared for that. I'm also trying to sweet-talk Career into doing a book on the subject of unseen entities but only time will tell if I've been successful.
And speaking of books, it looks as if there might be a new one round the corner. Career and I have tossed a few ideas about and we've finally come up with a new one which will be out I believe in the Fall. This looks at some of the world's creepiest places and believe me some of them even scared me as I wrote the outline. Some of them I've been to, others I've read about and researched and I've spoken to people who've been there. One of them - I've leave you to figure out which one - Mary, my wife, will not set foot in. There's 28 places that you should maybe avoid when you're planning your holidays. So be afraid - be downright terrified!

On the comics front we're still working hard. Graphics is going through a tough time at the moment and Northern Ireland, where I live has a slightly different attitude to comics than say America or Europe. So finance is always a problem. At the moment we're still in an embryonic stage - scripts are done but we're trying to sort out final artwork and distribution - and it will take a little while to get up and running. And we're starting our own comics blog to which Laurie and Career will kindly furnish a link when we're up and running so that you can see what we do.

I think that's just about enough for now from this old dinosaur so I'll drop back into the primal swamp for a few days. But if you have anything to ask me concerning any of my books or want to talk to me about anything else, drop me a line and we can talk. Look forward to hearing from you.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment