Saturday, March 19, 2011

Creepy!

My computer is back on line having had a bit of a make-over with a new cloned hard-drive and so many thangs that an old dinosuar like me hasn't a clue about - but I'm assured that they're there. Now I wait for it to bring me a cup of tea in the morning! Anyway, I hope that you all had a very happy St. Patrick's Day. Mary and I just had a quiet time - I've been working very hard these last couple of months and it was a welcome break. I hope that if you celebrated it, yours was too.

And a bit of good news for all you Ian Daniels fans, and I know there are many because I get asked about him on a lot of the radio shows I do. When the new book - The World's Creepiest Places - was first talked about we thought that Ian wouldn't be doing any artwork for it. But as I said, why break up a winning team and thankfully you'll see some of his new artwork in the book. He's just sent me down some roughs for the wraparound cover and I have to say that they look terrific. New Page have also asked him to do some interior artwork which he's working on at the moment and which I know will be great. The new book should be out in the Fall and it's beginning to frighten me already!

Some of the places you'd be best advised to stay away from. I've been to some of them and others I've talked to people who've been there but hopefully you'll enjoy some of this terrorising travelogue. I've tried to go for as wide a spread as I can - both geographically and by subject so it's not all ghosts, it's queer beings and things which might live close to us. Oh and a couple of possible locations of the Gateways to Hell. You've been warned! The book should be out around the Fall and then I'm still trying to twist New Page's arm on the Unseen Forces. In the meantime you'll get maybe a sample in a new book which is coming out over the summer from New Page in which I have an article. I'll tell you more later.

Next Wednesday I'm off to do some filmed interviews for the History Channel so keep watching your tv screens and I might appear before you in glorious colour. But I'd fortify yourself with strong drink first! I'll keep you posted on this too.

Some "taster" comics are up as promised so check out our sister blogsite Bog Standard Comix to take a look. There's witch-hunters, alternate realities and mysterious time travellers. And there's more to come! So take a look and see what you think. I'm off to put my feet up and watch television but I should be back. I'm really getting the hang of this blogging thing - I think. More later.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment